Next up for Cat: excavators in Texas
Following back-to-back announcements of two plants in North Carolina — a new axle assembly plant in Winston-Salem and the expansion of its Sanford, North Carolina, compact equipment factory — Cat will now build an excavator assembly plant in Victoria, Texas, according to the Wall Street Journal. The plant will employ more than 500 people and triple the firm’s capacity to build excavators in the United States. The 600,000-square-foot plant will begin production in mid-2012.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding557 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable413 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views