NewWorld Capital Group acquires Cleaire Advanced Emission Controls
Katie Wood | August 16, 2011
NewWorld Capital Group has acquired Cleaire Advanced Emission Controls, a leading provider of particulate matter and nitrogen oxides abatement products for on-road and off-road heavy-duty diesel-powered vehicles. Cleaire’s products are verified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) at Level 3, a Best Available Control Technology abatement standard. The Company’s products reduce particulate matter emissions from in-use diesel engines by greater than 85 percent.
Headquartered in San Leandro, California with a manufacturing facility in San Diego, Cleaire holds a leading share in the retrofit diesel particulate filter (DPF) market in the United States and also sells its products in selected foreign countries.
Diesel-generated particulate matter (especially fine particles less than 2.5 microns in diameter) is a significant health hazard associated with a variety of health issues including asthma, bronchitis, irregular heartbeat, heart attacks, and cancer. More than 70 million people in the United States live in federal Environmental Protection Agency designated “Nonattainment Areas” for fine particulate matter standards.
In light of rapidly growing demand for mobile-source diesel particulate filters, NewWorld’s investment will enable Cleaire to expand its sales and product support capability in domestic and international markets.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River674 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update329 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness258 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options253 Views