New website highlights Freightliner Trucks’ legacy of innovation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Freightliner Trucks on Feb. 21 launched a new web site, www.freightlinertrucks.com/70years, to kick-off its 70-year anniversary celebration. The site provides a look at Freightliner’s legacy of innovation with a detailed timeline that showcases the company’s products and technological milestones.
Freightliner Trucks will continue its anniversary celebration at the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Ky. (March 22-24) with a comprehensive showcase of vehicles featuring the company’s most sophisticated technologies. A concept truck, fully loaded with cutting-edge advancements and unique features, will also be on display for the first time.
“Seventy years ago, Freightliner Trucks first set industry standards with our products and technologies, and we’ve continued to raise the bar by developing vehicles that enhance productivity, reliability and driver comfort,” said David Hames, general manager, product marketing and strategy for Daimler Trucks North America. “We’re proud of our history, and even more excited about what’s ahead. Our concept vehicle will show that we’re continuing to lead the way with revolutionary innovations and ideas that will maximize performance and profitability.”
MORE FROM Industry
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views