New website highlights Freightliner Trucks’ legacy of innovation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
Freightliner Trucks on Feb. 21 launched a new web site, www.freightlinertrucks.com/70years, to kick-off its 70-year anniversary celebration. The site provides a look at Freightliner’s legacy of innovation with a detailed timeline that showcases the company’s products and technological milestones.
Freightliner Trucks will continue its anniversary celebration at the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Ky. (March 22-24) with a comprehensive showcase of vehicles featuring the company’s most sophisticated technologies. A concept truck, fully loaded with cutting-edge advancements and unique features, will also be on display for the first time.
“Seventy years ago, Freightliner Trucks first set industry standards with our products and technologies, and we’ve continued to raise the bar by developing vehicles that enhance productivity, reliability and driver comfort,” said David Hames, general manager, product marketing and strategy for Daimler Trucks North America. “We’re proud of our history, and even more excited about what’s ahead. Our concept vehicle will show that we’re continuing to lead the way with revolutionary innovations and ideas that will maximize performance and profitability.”
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency536 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs387 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update313 Views