New program provides free transit for seniors to eye care appointments
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 11, 2013
ITNRacineCounty, a transportation solution for seniors and the visually impaired, now plans to be a part of an ITNAmerica — a transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment – program intended to raise awareness of the challenges associated with vision impairment, low vision, senior mobility issues and the shortage of locally-available transportation options for seniors, according to a report in The (Racine, Wisconsin) Journal Times.
One of the ITNAmerica initiatives is to fund transportation to and from medical eye care services.
People who are registered with ITNRacineCounty are able to call 262-554-1091 and arrange for transportation to medical eye care appointments free of charge, according to The Journal Times report.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views