New program provides free transit for seniors to eye care appointments
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 11, 2013
ITNRacineCounty, a transportation solution for seniors and the visually impaired, now plans to be a part of an ITNAmerica — a transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment – program intended to raise awareness of the challenges associated with vision impairment, low vision, senior mobility issues and the shortage of locally-available transportation options for seniors, according to a report in The (Racine, Wisconsin) Journal Times.
One of the ITNAmerica initiatives is to fund transportation to and from medical eye care services.
People who are registered with ITNRacineCounty are able to call 262-554-1091 and arrange for transportation to medical eye care appointments free of charge, according to The Journal Times report.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series911 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?504 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group364 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks300 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines191 Views