New program provides free transit for seniors to eye care appointments
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 11, 2013
ITNRacineCounty, a transportation solution for seniors and the visually impaired, now plans to be a part of an ITNAmerica — a transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment – program intended to raise awareness of the challenges associated with vision impairment, low vision, senior mobility issues and the shortage of locally-available transportation options for seniors, according to a report in The (Racine, Wisconsin) Journal Times.
One of the ITNAmerica initiatives is to fund transportation to and from medical eye care services.
People who are registered with ITNRacineCounty are able to call 262-554-1091 and arrange for transportation to medical eye care appointments free of charge, according to The Journal Times report.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1068 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1032 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse737 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones457 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?310 Views