New program provides free transit for seniors to eye care appointments
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 11, 2013
ITNRacineCounty, a transportation solution for seniors and the visually impaired, now plans to be a part of an ITNAmerica — a transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment – program intended to raise awareness of the challenges associated with vision impairment, low vision, senior mobility issues and the shortage of locally-available transportation options for seniors, according to a report in The (Racine, Wisconsin) Journal Times.
One of the ITNAmerica initiatives is to fund transportation to and from medical eye care services.
People who are registered with ITNRacineCounty are able to call 262-554-1091 and arrange for transportation to medical eye care appointments free of charge, according to The Journal Times report.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency509 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs357 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013253 Views