Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
Staff Report | November 2, 2012
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier273 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver245 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker223 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase131 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges124 Views