Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
Staff Report | November 2, 2012
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?191 Views