Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views