Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
Staff Report | November 2, 2012
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1039 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse769 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones449 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?307 Views