Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
Staff Report | November 2, 2012
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving347 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness289 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options274 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget218 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River204 Views