Nebraska I-80 westbound lanes between Waverly/Greenwood interchange opening week of Nov. 5
Staff Report | November 2, 2012
The new westbound three-lane pavement of I-80 between Waverly (Exit 409) and Greenwood (Exit 402) interchange will open to traffic the week of Nov. 5, according to the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
During this time, there will still be lane closures for both the eastbound and westbound traffic to finish the removal of the concrete protection barriers, finish seeding, and to install permanent pavement markings.
Due to the lane closures needed, the speed limit will remain 65 mph. NDOR plans to raise the peed limit to 75 mph sometime in December. Work to complete the project will continue in 2014 and lane closures and reduced speed limits will be used.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident955 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side539 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005361 Views