Navistar ships first International ProStar units with SCR-based MaxxForce 13 engines
Navistar began shipping its first International ProStar units, which are powered by the company’s SCR-based MaxxForce 13 engine, late last month from truck manufacturing plants in Escobedo, Mexico, and in Springfield, Ohio.
“Delivering our 13-liter engine ahead of schedule is another important milestone for Navistar and completes our transition to SCR-based heavy-duty engine offerings,” said Troy Clarke, Navistar president and chief executive officer.
Clarke added that the units also include Cummins SCR aftertreatment system.
Navistar launched its International ProStar with the Cummins ISX 15-liter engine in December. The company plans to transition the remaining International heavy-duty truck line-up to SCR-based clean engine technology through a phase launch in the coming months.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding559 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable413 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views