Navistar ships first International ProStar units with SCR-based MaxxForce 13 engines
Amanda Bayhi | May 7, 2013
Navistar began shipping its first International ProStar units, which are powered by the company’s SCR-based MaxxForce 13 engine, late last month from truck manufacturing plants in Escobedo, Mexico, and in Springfield, Ohio.
“Delivering our 13-liter engine ahead of schedule is another important milestone for Navistar and completes our transition to SCR-based heavy-duty engine offerings,” said Troy Clarke, Navistar president and chief executive officer.
Clarke added that the units also include Cummins SCR aftertreatment system.
Navistar launched its International ProStar with the Cummins ISX 15-liter engine in December. The company plans to transition the remaining International heavy-duty truck line-up to SCR-based clean engine technology through a phase launch in the coming months.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong988 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction459 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair435 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views