National Transportation Week 2013 focuses on globalization
Amanda Bayhi | May 14, 2013
The National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) is supporting several activities in conjuction with the 50th annual National Transportation Week (NTW), which began May 12 and will run through May 18.
The 2013 NTW theme, “Transportation – The World is Right Next Door,” focuses on how transportation affects globalization.
Among NTW activities is NDTA’s student poster contest in which students through 5th grade can submit poster art that incorporates NTW’s theme. For details about the contest, click here.
Additionally, individual NDTA chapters are hosting events throughout the week to celebrate NTW.
As part of NTW, President Obama proclaimed May 17 as National Defense Transportation Day.
For more information about National Transportation Week, visit ndtahq.com/events_national_trans_week.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River562 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs395 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business342 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update336 Views