NAPA recognizes 198 projects with Quality in Construction Awards
Amanda Bayhi | February 7, 2014
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) on Wednesday recognized the 2013 Quality in Construction Award winners during its 59th Annual Meeting in Boca Raton, Florida.
The association honored 198 projects completed by 81 companies. NAPA specifically noted 100 projects for their use of sustainable construction practices, such as incorporating reclaimed and recycled materials and using warm-mix asphalt.
“As an industry, asphalt pavement producers have devoted a great deal of time and effort to determining the best practices necessary to construct long-lasting, high-quality asphalt pavements that offer the durable performance pavement owners and the public value,” said John J. Keating, 2013 chairman of the NAPA Board of Directors. “The Quality in Construction Awards compare nominated pavements against best practices and standards, and honor those that exemplify excellence in construction standards.”
For a full list of companies and projects that received the awards, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views