N.J. DOT commissioner will make ‘significant announcement’ on $1B Pulaski Skyway rehab project
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 9, 2013
New Jersey Department of Transportation (N.J. DOT) Commissioner James S. Simpson is planning to make a “significant announcement” tomorrow regarding the $1 billion Pulaski Skyway rehabilitation project, according to a news alert sent out today from the N.J. DOT.
The project, which is expected to extend the life of the 80-year-old historic structure by at least 75 years, began in 2012 and is expected to be completed in 2020, according to the N.J. DOT.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2137 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1243 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project531 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans434 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?354 Views