Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax727 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund367 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party359 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?319 Views