Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1005 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles814 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse673 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side578 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005340 Views