Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2129 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1321 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...893 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones542 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house484 Views