Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views