Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]793 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus418 Views