Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier254 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver250 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase124 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views