Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!113 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views