Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts534 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse399 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views
- Wisconsin DOT to test reflective orange lane paint81 Views