Moore roads open with restrictions
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141336 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields318 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG260 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers237 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill231 Views