Moore roads open with restrictions
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Residential access is limited to light vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The city’s Twitter feed notes that no large trucks will be allowed in neighborhoods. Residents and media members entering neighborhoods must show identification or other credentials for access.
Though many roads are opening, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation requested on Twitter that drivers should try to stay off Interstate-35. “If you must travel, please find alternate route,” the agency wrote via the City of Moore’s Twitter handle. On it’s own Twitter account, ODOT suggested I-44, US-81 and US-69 as alternate routes.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers851 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project419 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?355 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 305 Views