Monthly Motor Fuel Report by States released, July 2012 now posted
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 26, 2012
The Monthly Motor Fuel Report by States (July 2012) was just released on the Office of Highway Policy Information, Federal Highway Administration website at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinformation/motorfuel/jul12/jul12.pdf.
Highlights from the report include the following:
- Overall change nationwide from the period in July 2011 to July 2012 was +0.4 percent.
- Largest decrease was in the District of Columbia at -10.2% from July 2011 to same period in July 2012.
- Largest increase occurred in Wyoming at 12.6 percent.
- The average fuel tax rate (Federal and State combined) was 22.15 cents.
- In comparison, foreign tax on motor fuel ranged from $3.21 (Japan) to $4.79 in the Netherlands. (see Motor Fuel Tax Rates for Selected Countries table in the report)
MORE FROM Economics
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1583 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1020 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets992 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?628 Views