MnDOT launches route-planning app, webpage for truck drivers
Amanda Bayhi | August 9, 2013
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) has launched a real-time service webpage for truck drivers.
The new page, part of the agency’s 511 services, allows truckers to plan the best route from origin to destination.
When drivers download MnDOT’s 511 mobile application, they can also receive alerts about possible road restrictions along their route, including roundabouts, weight and height restrictions on bridges and more. Drivers can also personalize the route with planned stops.
MnDOT improved the low bandwidth site with features like concise traffic listings and larger camera views.
The webpage and app provide information about trips only within the state of Minnesota.
To view the webpage, visit tr.511mn.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1215 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1047 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse742 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...737 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones506 Views