Missouri to host 2012 National Work Zone Week event
Today’s national WZAW Executive Committee concluded the best way to determine a host state for the 2012 and future national media events would be though a competitive selection process.
Besides receiving funds to help cover event costs, Missouri will receive a trophy to display for the entire year.
The event will be covered by AASHTO television and recognized in national press releases by the Federal Highway Administration.
The National Work Zone Memorial will also be shipped to the state at no cost for inclusion as a centerpiece of the national kick-off.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)753 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign271 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says261 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers249 Views