Mississippi DOT awards Granite Construction $22.4 million bridge demolition project
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2010
WATSONVILLE, Calif.–Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4 million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge located approximately 100 miles northwest of Jackson, Mississippi.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in September 2012. For more information please visit MDOT’s Web site at www.gomdot.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]875 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong697 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers628 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road476 Views