Mississippi DOT awards Granite Construction $22.4 million bridge demolition project
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2010
WATSONVILLE, Calif.–Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4 million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge located approximately 100 miles northwest of Jackson, Mississippi.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in September 2012. For more information please visit MDOT’s Web site at www.gomdot.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax708 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?315 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete277 Views