Mississippi DOT awards Granite Construction $22.4 million bridge demolition project
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2010
WATSONVILLE, Calif.–Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4 million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge located approximately 100 miles northwest of Jackson, Mississippi.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 Greenville Bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in September 2012. For more information please visit MDOT’s Web site at www.gomdot.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series947 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group352 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks348 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines201 Views
- Manitou previews MHT 1490 telescopic handler at ConExpo-Con/Agg160 Views