Minnesota offers clean diesel grants to local fleets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 18, 2011
A Minnesota state grant is available for operators to upgrade their trucks to reduce emissions. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has a Clean Diesel grant for state-based fleets that operate “primarily or exclusively” in the state, with a focus on 2006 and older vehicles.
A preference will be given to fleets that operate in the Twin Cities seven-county region. The $350,000 grant covers Environmental Protection EnviAgency/California Air Resources Board-certified idle reduction and emissions reduction technologies, emission upgrades and reefer re-powers.
MORE FROM Economics
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident982 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?512 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views