Minnesota offers clean diesel grants to local fleets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 18, 2011
A Minnesota state grant is available for operators to upgrade their trucks to reduce emissions. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has a Clean Diesel grant for state-based fleets that operate “primarily or exclusively” in the state, with a focus on 2006 and older vehicles.
A preference will be given to fleets that operate in the Twin Cities seven-county region. The $350,000 grant covers Environmental Protection EnviAgency/California Air Resources Board-certified idle reduction and emissions reduction technologies, emission upgrades and reefer re-powers.
MORE FROM Economics
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax222 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues112 Views