Minnesota offers clean diesel grants to local fleets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 18, 2011
A Minnesota state grant is available for operators to upgrade their trucks to reduce emissions. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has a Clean Diesel grant for state-based fleets that operate “primarily or exclusively” in the state, with a focus on 2006 and older vehicles.
A preference will be given to fleets that operate in the Twin Cities seven-county region. The $350,000 grant covers Environmental Protection EnviAgency/California Air Resources Board-certified idle reduction and emissions reduction technologies, emission upgrades and reefer re-powers.
MORE FROM Economics
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views