Minnesota offers clean diesel grants to local fleets
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 18, 2011
A Minnesota state grant is available for operators to upgrade their trucks to reduce emissions. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has a Clean Diesel grant for state-based fleets that operate “primarily or exclusively” in the state, with a focus on 2006 and older vehicles.
A preference will be given to fleets that operate in the Twin Cities seven-county region. The $350,000 grant covers Environmental Protection EnviAgency/California Air Resources Board-certified idle reduction and emissions reduction technologies, emission upgrades and reefer re-powers.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong861 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views