Minnesota gets $677 million in stimulus funds
* 78 roofs installed, including 68 photovoltaic arrays on roofs;
* 140 lighting systems put in place;
* 52 water systems installed; and 222 system tune-ups and recommissionings completed.
* The Economic Development Administration has broken ground on 57 of the 68 planned projects totaling $130 million (88 percent).
* Under the Coast Guard’s Alteration of Bridges program, work has begun on all four planned bridge projects totaling $142 million (100 percent).
* Work is underway or completed on 70 of the 73 planned small shipyard projects totaling $123 million (100 percent).
MORE FROM Economics
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1546 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers451 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge436 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012400 Views
- Private money: A funding wildcard in 2014285 Views