Miller Electric, Panasonic form partnership
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Miller Electric Manufacturing of Appleton, Wisconsin, announced it entered into a strategic partnership with Panasonic Welding Systems, a division of Panasonic. They said they did this to make Miller Welding Automation, a new business unit, the distribution route for Panasonic robotic welding arms in North America.
The welding arms will be combined with Miller products and delivered to the market as part of a complete automated welding system. As a part of this transaction, Miller has purchased assets of the Panasonic Factory Solutions Company of America welding automation business.
To augment this business, Miller has created Miller Welding Automation, a business unit within Miller Electric, dedicated to delivering and supporting the new Miller system. The affected PFSA robotic welding employees will join the new business and continue to support the welding automation needs in North America.
For more information on this new partnership, visit MillerWelds.com/automation.
MORE FROM Industry
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker277 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges257 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes227 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America194 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards139 Views