Miller Electric, Panasonic form partnership
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Miller Electric Manufacturing of Appleton, Wisconsin, announced it entered into a strategic partnership with Panasonic Welding Systems, a division of Panasonic. They said they did this to make Miller Welding Automation, a new business unit, the distribution route for Panasonic robotic welding arms in North America.
The welding arms will be combined with Miller products and delivered to the market as part of a complete automated welding system. As a part of this transaction, Miller has purchased assets of the Panasonic Factory Solutions Company of America welding automation business.
To augment this business, Miller has created Miller Welding Automation, a business unit within Miller Electric, dedicated to delivering and supporting the new Miller system. The affected PFSA robotic welding employees will join the new business and continue to support the welding automation needs in North America.
For more information on this new partnership, visit MillerWelds.com/automation.
MORE FROM Industry
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong988 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction459 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair435 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views