Miller Electric, Panasonic form partnership
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | November 4, 2010
Miller Electric Manufacturing of Appleton, Wisconsin, announced it entered into a strategic partnership with Panasonic Welding Systems, a division of Panasonic. They said they did this to make Miller Welding Automation, a new business unit, the distribution route for Panasonic robotic welding arms in North America.
The welding arms will be combined with Miller products and delivered to the market as part of a complete automated welding system. As a part of this transaction, Miller has purchased assets of the Panasonic Factory Solutions Company of America welding automation business.
To augment this business, Miller has created Miller Welding Automation, a business unit within Miller Electric, dedicated to delivering and supporting the new Miller system. The affected PFSA robotic welding employees will join the new business and continue to support the welding automation needs in North America.
For more information on this new partnership, visit MillerWelds.com/automation.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views