Miller Electric, Panasonic form partnership
Miller Electric Manufacturing of Appleton, Wisconsin, announced it entered into a strategic partnership with Panasonic Welding Systems, a division of Panasonic. They said they did this to make Miller Welding Automation, a new business unit, the distribution route for Panasonic robotic welding arms in North America.
The welding arms will be combined with Miller products and delivered to the market as part of a complete automated welding system. As a part of this transaction, Miller has purchased assets of the Panasonic Factory Solutions Company of America welding automation business.
To augment this business, Miller has created Miller Welding Automation, a business unit within Miller Electric, dedicated to delivering and supporting the new Miller system. The affected PFSA robotic welding employees will join the new business and continue to support the welding automation needs in North America.
For more information on this new partnership, visit MillerWelds.com/automation.
MORE FROM Industry
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)379 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views