Michigan lawmakers sign budget agreement, focus on transportation
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and Republican lawmakers signed an agreement Tuesday to set targets for the state’s budget, Crain’s Detroit Business reported.
The budget is expected to be completed by Wednesday of next week.
House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-MI) said the agreement puts $350 million of the state budget toward transportation. Bolger referred to the funding as “a down payment,” stating that the money will help the state match federal funding and repair roads.
Bolger said a long-term solution for transportation is not likely to be happen before the budget is finalized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2276 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority624 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles584 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views