Michigan lawmakers sign budget agreement, focus on transportation
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and Republican lawmakers signed an agreement Tuesday to set targets for the state’s budget, Crain’s Detroit Business reported.
The budget is expected to be completed by Wednesday of next week.
House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-MI) said the agreement puts $350 million of the state budget toward transportation. Bolger referred to the funding as “a down payment,” stating that the money will help the state match federal funding and repair roads.
Bolger said a long-term solution for transportation is not likely to be happen before the budget is finalized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Firearms to be used for road construction800 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events698 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes619 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines577 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views