Michigan lawmakers sign budget agreement, focus on transportation
Amanda Bayhi | May 22, 2013
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and Republican lawmakers signed an agreement Tuesday to set targets for the state’s budget, Crain’s Detroit Business reported.
The budget is expected to be completed by Wednesday of next week.
House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-MI) said the agreement puts $350 million of the state budget toward transportation. Bolger referred to the funding as “a down payment,” stating that the money will help the state match federal funding and repair roads.
Bolger said a long-term solution for transportation is not likely to be happen before the budget is finalized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River465 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business377 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice320 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness285 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options266 Views