Michelin adds new Earthmover tire plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | April 13, 2012
Michelin is breaking ground next week on a new Earthmover tire manufacturing plant in Anderson County, S.C. The company is also expanding its existing Earthmover tire facility in Lexington, S.C.
The two projects represent a $750 million investment and will create up to 500 new jobs. This announcement is in addition to Michelin’s 2011 announcement to add an estimated 270 jobs and invest $200 million in its existing Lexington passenger and light truck tire manufacturing facility. This expanded operation at Lexington will begin production in October.
“The market for Earthmover tires grew by more than 20 percent between 2009 and 2011,” said Jean-Dominique Senard, managing general partner of Michelin.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River648 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business375 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update344 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan205 Views