Michelin adds new Earthmover tire plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | April 13, 2012
Michelin is breaking ground next week on a new Earthmover tire manufacturing plant in Anderson County, S.C. The company is also expanding its existing Earthmover tire facility in Lexington, S.C.
The two projects represent a $750 million investment and will create up to 500 new jobs. This announcement is in addition to Michelin’s 2011 announcement to add an estimated 270 jobs and invest $200 million in its existing Lexington passenger and light truck tire manufacturing facility. This expanded operation at Lexington will begin production in October.
“The market for Earthmover tires grew by more than 20 percent between 2009 and 2011,” said Jean-Dominique Senard, managing general partner of Michelin.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!115 Views