Michelin adds new Earthmover tire plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | April 13, 2012
Michelin is breaking ground next week on a new Earthmover tire manufacturing plant in Anderson County, S.C. The company is also expanding its existing Earthmover tire facility in Lexington, S.C.
The two projects represent a $750 million investment and will create up to 500 new jobs. This announcement is in addition to Michelin’s 2011 announcement to add an estimated 270 jobs and invest $200 million in its existing Lexington passenger and light truck tire manufacturing facility. This expanded operation at Lexington will begin production in October.
“The market for Earthmover tires grew by more than 20 percent between 2009 and 2011,” said Jean-Dominique Senard, managing general partner of Michelin.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series874 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?500 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group359 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks208 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines187 Views