Michelin adds new Earthmover tire plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | April 13, 2012
Michelin is breaking ground next week on a new Earthmover tire manufacturing plant in Anderson County, S.C. The company is also expanding its existing Earthmover tire facility in Lexington, S.C.
The two projects represent a $750 million investment and will create up to 500 new jobs. This announcement is in addition to Michelin’s 2011 announcement to add an estimated 270 jobs and invest $200 million in its existing Lexington passenger and light truck tire manufacturing facility. This expanded operation at Lexington will begin production in October.
“The market for Earthmover tires grew by more than 20 percent between 2009 and 2011,” said Jean-Dominique Senard, managing general partner of Michelin.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party474 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax251 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion212 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September180 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax106 Views