Mica's "back-of-the-envelope" bill is here
John Latta | July 7, 2011
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman John Mica has just ended a two-hour webcast introduction of the $230B, six-year bill that he wants to replace SAFETEA-LU. Now I have to go through the bill itself to find the details.
His core points were that this is a six year bill because a two year bill that some people want (including some powerful Democrat Senators) would “bankrupt the Highway Trust Fund” and that while it comes to about $35B a year on paper the actual value is “more than twice that.” The number he used was $75.5B. That figure, he said, came from his doing some quick math , back-of-the envelope style.
Let’s see what a reading of it will bring.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1093 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events693 Views
- Firearms to be used for road construction594 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes558 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up394 Views