Mica: 'We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the Jan. 25 State of the Union address by President Barack Obama:
“After the Administration derailed a major six-year transportation bill in 2009, it is encouraging that they are now on board with getting infrastructure projects and jobs moving again. However, just another proposal to spend more of the taxpayers’ money, when we have billions of dollars sitting idle tied up in government red tape, will never get our economic car out of the ditch.
“We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views