Mica: 'We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the Jan. 25 State of the Union address by President Barack Obama:
“After the Administration derailed a major six-year transportation bill in 2009, it is encouraging that they are now on board with getting infrastructure projects and jobs moving again. However, just another proposal to spend more of the taxpayers’ money, when we have billions of dollars sitting idle tied up in government red tape, will never get our economic car out of the ditch.
“We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax697 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?238 Views