Mica: 'We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the Jan. 25 State of the Union address by President Barack Obama:
“After the Administration derailed a major six-year transportation bill in 2009, it is encouraging that they are now on board with getting infrastructure projects and jobs moving again. However, just another proposal to spend more of the taxpayers’ money, when we have billions of dollars sitting idle tied up in government red tape, will never get our economic car out of the ditch.
“We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2154 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1323 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...904 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house567 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones545 Views