Mica: 'We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the Jan. 25 State of the Union address by President Barack Obama:
“After the Administration derailed a major six-year transportation bill in 2009, it is encouraging that they are now on board with getting infrastructure projects and jobs moving again. However, just another proposal to spend more of the taxpayers’ money, when we have billions of dollars sitting idle tied up in government red tape, will never get our economic car out of the ditch.
“We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]920 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views