Mica: 'We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the Jan. 25 State of the Union address by President Barack Obama:
“After the Administration derailed a major six-year transportation bill in 2009, it is encouraging that they are now on board with getting infrastructure projects and jobs moving again. However, just another proposal to spend more of the taxpayers’ money, when we have billions of dollars sitting idle tied up in government red tape, will never get our economic car out of the ditch.
“We’ve got to do more with less to improve our infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes620 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views