Metso to supply bulk materials handling equipment to Hamersley Iron Pty Ltd. in Australia
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 9, 2012
Metso will supply a tandem rotary railcar dumper to Hamersley Iron Pty. Ltd. in Australia. The equipment will be delivered to Hamersley Iron’s Cape Lambert, Port B iron ore operation in North Western Australia. The value of the order will not be disclosed. The order also includes spare parts, technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and performance testing.
The design of the equipment allows for lower maintenance and higher, more efficient material output flow, and ease and safety of maintenance is also improved through a reduction of overall components.
This is the second equipment of this kind delivered to Hamersley Iron for this project. The previous equipment was delivered in 2011. The design of the equipment was achieved by working closely with Rio Tinto and the engineering team of this project.
“One of Metso’s commitments moving forward is to work together with our customers in partnership so that we achieve the best outcome, and we look forward to supporting Rio Tinto on this project,” Max Wijasuriya, Metso vice president of capital equipment for Australia and New Zealand, says in a written statement.
Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. The order has been included in mining and construction first quarter 2012 orders received.
MORE FROM Industry
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving348 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget228 Views