Metso settles intellectual property lawsuit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 16, 2010
A lawsuit involving the protection of certain Metso intellectual property rights, Metso Minerals Industries, Inc. versus FLSmidth-Excel LLC, Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, has been settled.
According to the settlement agreement, FLSmidth-Excel LLC and Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., without admitting liability, have paid to Metso compensation in the amount of USD 25 million.
The settlement agreement is otherwise confidential.
Metso will continue to be active in protecting its intellectual property rights globally, acting with the objective to enhance fair competition, Metso Minerals said in a written press statement.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident982 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?512 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views