Metso settles intellectual property lawsuit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 16, 2010
A lawsuit involving the protection of certain Metso intellectual property rights, Metso Minerals Industries, Inc. versus FLSmidth-Excel LLC, Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, has been settled.
According to the settlement agreement, FLSmidth-Excel LLC and Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., without admitting liability, have paid to Metso compensation in the amount of USD 25 million.
The settlement agreement is otherwise confidential.
Metso will continue to be active in protecting its intellectual property rights globally, acting with the objective to enhance fair competition, Metso Minerals said in a written press statement.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...982 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views