Metso settles intellectual property lawsuit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 16, 2010
A lawsuit involving the protection of certain Metso intellectual property rights, Metso Minerals Industries, Inc. versus FLSmidth-Excel LLC, Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, has been settled.
According to the settlement agreement, FLSmidth-Excel LLC and Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., without admitting liability, have paid to Metso compensation in the amount of USD 25 million.
The settlement agreement is otherwise confidential.
Metso will continue to be active in protecting its intellectual property rights globally, acting with the objective to enhance fair competition, Metso Minerals said in a written press statement.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2220 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority635 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles610 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers496 Views