Metso settles intellectual property lawsuit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 16, 2010
A lawsuit involving the protection of certain Metso intellectual property rights, Metso Minerals Industries, Inc. versus FLSmidth-Excel LLC, Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, has been settled.
According to the settlement agreement, FLSmidth-Excel LLC and Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., without admitting liability, have paid to Metso compensation in the amount of USD 25 million.
The settlement agreement is otherwise confidential.
Metso will continue to be active in protecting its intellectual property rights globally, acting with the objective to enhance fair competition, Metso Minerals said in a written press statement.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views