Metso settles intellectual property lawsuit
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 16, 2010
A lawsuit involving the protection of certain Metso intellectual property rights, Metso Minerals Industries, Inc. versus FLSmidth-Excel LLC, Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., et al., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, has been settled.
According to the settlement agreement, FLSmidth-Excel LLC and Excel Foundry & Machine, Inc., without admitting liability, have paid to Metso compensation in the amount of USD 25 million.
The settlement agreement is otherwise confidential.
Metso will continue to be active in protecting its intellectual property rights globally, acting with the objective to enhance fair competition, Metso Minerals said in a written press statement.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views