McLanahan acquires Universal Engineering
Crusher manufacturer McLanahan Corp. has acquired Universal Engineering Corp. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
McLanahan has been involved in crushing materials, with a focus on crushing soft minerals using roll crushers, feeder breakers and rotary breakers to process minerals such as coal, salt and trona. The Universal acquisition adds hard rock crushing and apron, pan and wobbler feeders to the company’s lines of products.
McLanahan says that Universal products complement McLanahan’s existing lines and add a new dimension to the dynamics of the company.
“It is our hope to grow the sales of Universal equipment around the world,” said George Sidney, McLanahan president and COO, in a written statement.
McLanahan Corp. designs and manufactures heavy-duty equipment, including
processing and sampling equipment for the mineral and aggregate industries and
manure management systems for the dairy industry.
McLanahan also manufactures polymer wear parts and provides complete foundry and machining services. Founded in 1835, McLanahan is now in its sixth generation of family ownership and operation.
Headquartered in Hollidaysburg, Pa., McLanahan has locations throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom and Australia.
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding551 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable393 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views