McConnell discusses Kentucky priorities with USDOT nominee Foxx
Amanda Bayhi | June 13, 2013
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met in his office in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday with Secretary of Transportation Nominee Anthony Foxx, where the two discussed several Kentucky transportation projects.
Among highlighted projects were the Brent Spence Bridge in Northern Kentucky, Ohio River Bridges in Louisville and the I-69 Bridge in Henderson.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx taking the time to discuss with me the importance of several Kentucky transportation projects and the challenges to building them during these tough economic times,” McConnell said of the meeting.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday approved the nomination of Foxx. The next step is for the full Senate to vote on the nomination. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will schedule the vote.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress214 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!115 Views