McConnell discusses Kentucky priorities with USDOT nominee Foxx
Amanda Bayhi | June 13, 2013
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met in his office in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday with Secretary of Transportation Nominee Anthony Foxx, where the two discussed several Kentucky transportation projects.
Among highlighted projects were the Brent Spence Bridge in Northern Kentucky, Ohio River Bridges in Louisville and the I-69 Bridge in Henderson.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx taking the time to discuss with me the importance of several Kentucky transportation projects and the challenges to building them during these tough economic times,” McConnell said of the meeting.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday approved the nomination of Foxx. The next step is for the full Senate to vote on the nomination. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will schedule the vote.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views