McConnell discusses Kentucky priorities with USDOT nominee Foxx
Amanda Bayhi | June 13, 2013
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met in his office in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday with Secretary of Transportation Nominee Anthony Foxx, where the two discussed several Kentucky transportation projects.
Among highlighted projects were the Brent Spence Bridge in Northern Kentucky, Ohio River Bridges in Louisville and the I-69 Bridge in Henderson.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx taking the time to discuss with me the importance of several Kentucky transportation projects and the challenges to building them during these tough economic times,” McConnell said of the meeting.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday approved the nomination of Foxx. The next step is for the full Senate to vote on the nomination. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will schedule the vote.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse487 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views