McConnell discusses Kentucky priorities with USDOT nominee Foxx
Amanda Bayhi | June 13, 2013
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met in his office in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday with Secretary of Transportation Nominee Anthony Foxx, where the two discussed several Kentucky transportation projects.
Among highlighted projects were the Brent Spence Bridge in Northern Kentucky, Ohio River Bridges in Louisville and the I-69 Bridge in Henderson.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx taking the time to discuss with me the importance of several Kentucky transportation projects and the challenges to building them during these tough economic times,” McConnell said of the meeting.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday approved the nomination of Foxx. The next step is for the full Senate to vote on the nomination. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will schedule the vote.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2181 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1282 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...950 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house596 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones539 Views