McConnell discusses Kentucky priorities with USDOT nominee Foxx
Amanda Bayhi | June 13, 2013
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met in his office in the U.S. Capitol Wednesday with Secretary of Transportation Nominee Anthony Foxx, where the two discussed several Kentucky transportation projects.
Among highlighted projects were the Brent Spence Bridge in Northern Kentucky, Ohio River Bridges in Louisville and the I-69 Bridge in Henderson.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx taking the time to discuss with me the importance of several Kentucky transportation projects and the challenges to building them during these tough economic times,” McConnell said of the meeting.
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday approved the nomination of Foxx. The next step is for the full Senate to vote on the nomination. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will schedule the vote.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?492 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group313 Views
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series223 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines166 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views