Massachusetts lawmakers work to resolve $500 million tax bill for transportation
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2013
Lawmakers in Massachusetts are meeting today to work on a tax bill that will raise $500 million for the state’s transportation system, Boston.com reported.
The focus of today’s meeting is to resolve differences between the versions of the bill that each chamber has already passed.
The bill calls for gas and cigarette tax increases.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2205 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1271 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project543 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans479 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 309 Views