Massachusetts lawmakers work to resolve $500 million tax bill for transportation
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2013
Lawmakers in Massachusetts are meeting today to work on a tax bill that will raise $500 million for the state’s transportation system, Boston.com reported.
The focus of today’s meeting is to resolve differences between the versions of the bill that each chamber has already passed.
The bill calls for gas and cigarette tax increases.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts558 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views