Mary Peters, LaHood's predecessor, confirmed for public-private partnership conference
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 12, 2010
Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters has just been confirmed as a general session speaker at the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA’s) 22nd Annual Public-Private Partnerships in Transportation Conference, scheduled for July 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
Peters will join industry leaders and officials including members of the Federal Highway Administration’s Office of Innovative Program Delivery, state departments of transportation, state legislatures, and key congressional staff to discuss the future of P3s in the U.S.
She will highlight steps federal and state governments can take to advance the use of P3s to help meet the nation’s infrastructure needs.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident865 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes444 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005354 Views