Mary Peters, LaHood's predecessor, confirmed for public-private partnership conference
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 12, 2010
Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters has just been confirmed as a general session speaker at the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA’s) 22nd Annual Public-Private Partnerships in Transportation Conference, scheduled for July 22-23 in Washington, D.C.
Peters will join industry leaders and officials including members of the Federal Highway Administration’s Office of Innovative Program Delivery, state departments of transportation, state legislatures, and key congressional staff to discuss the future of P3s in the U.S.
She will highlight steps federal and state governments can take to advance the use of P3s to help meet the nation’s infrastructure needs.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts401 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system96 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views