Margaret Thatcher Privatizes the Buses
John Latta | April 10, 2013
And so the Iron Lady, the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, leaves the stage, dying following a stroke.
Stories about her are legendary. Some of the best ones are true, but many of them are embellished or just plain apocryphal. One refers to failure and its link to having to use public transport. Which led Matt Bevilacqua to look back at Mrs. Thatcher’s role in privatizing Britain’s bus service during her 1979-1990 reign.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress220 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?165 Views