Margaret Thatcher Privatizes the Buses
John Latta | April 10, 2013
And so the Iron Lady, the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, leaves the stage, dying following a stroke.
Stories about her are legendary. Some of the best ones are true, but many of them are embellished or just plain apocryphal. One refers to failure and its link to having to use public transport. Which led Matt Bevilacqua to look back at Mrs. Thatcher’s role in privatizing Britain’s bus service during her 1979-1990 reign.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2271 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority625 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles590 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views