Margaret Thatcher Privatizes the Buses
John Latta | April 10, 2013
And so the Iron Lady, the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, leaves the stage, dying following a stroke.
Stories about her are legendary. Some of the best ones are true, but many of them are embellished or just plain apocryphal. One refers to failure and its link to having to use public transport. Which led Matt Bevilacqua to look back at Mrs. Thatcher’s role in privatizing Britain’s bus service during her 1979-1990 reign.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party445 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views