Margaret Thatcher Privatizes the Buses
John Latta | April 10, 2013
And so the Iron Lady, the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, leaves the stage, dying following a stroke.
Stories about her are legendary. Some of the best ones are true, but many of them are embellished or just plain apocryphal. One refers to failure and its link to having to use public transport. Which led Matt Bevilacqua to look back at Mrs. Thatcher’s role in privatizing Britain’s bus service during her 1979-1990 reign.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker263 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges140 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver128 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon109 Views