Margaret Thatcher Privatizes the Buses
John Latta | April 10, 2013
And so the Iron Lady, the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, leaves the stage, dying following a stroke.
Stories about her are legendary. Some of the best ones are true, but many of them are embellished or just plain apocryphal. One refers to failure and its link to having to use public transport. Which led Matt Bevilacqua to look back at Mrs. Thatcher’s role in privatizing Britain’s bus service during her 1979-1990 reign.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views