Mack Trucks continuing to sponsor Share the Road highway safety program
Mack Trucks, Inc. announced that it would continue as a major sponsor of the Share The Road highway safety education program for 2010.
The announcement was made at the American Trucking Associations’ Management Conference & Exhibition.
Designed to enhance the safety of America’s roadways by teaching car drivers how to safely drive around large trucks, Share the Road uses professional truck drivers with exemplary safety records to deliver life-saving messages about potential blind spots, safe following distances, truck stopping distances and other important topics.
Traditionally, the drivers have spread this information through demonstrations to local media, students, community leaders and highway users around the United States, using a Mack Pinnacle model tractor donated by the truck maker as part of its support of Share the Road.
Today, additional communication channels are also being utilized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)377 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views