Mack Trucks continuing to sponsor Share the Road highway safety program
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 12, 2009
Mack Trucks, Inc. announced that it would continue as a major sponsor of the Share The Road highway safety education program for 2010.
The announcement was made at the American Trucking Associations’ Management Conference & Exhibition.
Designed to enhance the safety of America’s roadways by teaching car drivers how to safely drive around large trucks, Share the Road uses professional truck drivers with exemplary safety records to deliver life-saving messages about potential blind spots, safe following distances, truck stopping distances and other important topics.
Traditionally, the drivers have spread this information through demonstrations to local media, students, community leaders and highway users around the United States, using a Mack Pinnacle model tractor donated by the truck maker as part of its support of Share the Road.
Today, additional communication channels are also being utilized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts558 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes547 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views