Mack Trucks continuing to sponsor Share the Road highway safety program
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 12, 2009
Mack Trucks, Inc. announced that it would continue as a major sponsor of the Share The Road highway safety education program for 2010.
The announcement was made at the American Trucking Associations’ Management Conference & Exhibition.
Designed to enhance the safety of America’s roadways by teaching car drivers how to safely drive around large trucks, Share the Road uses professional truck drivers with exemplary safety records to deliver life-saving messages about potential blind spots, safe following distances, truck stopping distances and other important topics.
Traditionally, the drivers have spread this information through demonstrations to local media, students, community leaders and highway users around the United States, using a Mack Pinnacle model tractor donated by the truck maker as part of its support of Share the Road.
Today, additional communication channels are also being utilized.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?415 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges192 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views