Mack names 2009 International Dealer of the Year
In recent years, Mack has made strategic moves to strongly grow its presence in new and existing markets around the world. As a result of these efforts, Mack Trucks, Inc. finished 2009 as the leading exporter of heavy-duty North American trucks.
The demand for American-style trucks is high in many countries and is particularly strong for construction and heavy-haul applications.
“International sales continues to be an area of opportunity and growth for Mack,” said Carl Heikel, Mack senior vice president, international, in a written statement. “Our international distributors have been critical in supporting Mack’s reputation as the epitome of rugged, tough and reliable American-style trucks.”
Currently, Mack trucks are sold and serviced through an extensive distribution network in more than 45 countries. The brand is particularly strong in Latin America and Australia.
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)812 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects622 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D325 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views