Mack Trucks unveils air disk brake option for vocational trucks at World of Concrete
Amanda Bayhi | January 21, 2014
The new brake option is designed to offer better stopping power and resistance to fade, as well as less maintenance compared to conventional S-cam designs.
Mack’s air disc brake design uses two pistons to drive the pad against the rotor, delivering better balanced pressure and even wear. The flat rotor prevents heat distortion, increasing service life.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to change the brake pads, read the full report at EquipmentWorld.com.
To see the new air disk brake option, visit Mack Trucks at booth C5202 this week at World of Concrete.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving359 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice326 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness291 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options279 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill247 Views