Mack Trucks unveils air disk brake option for vocational trucks at World of Concrete
Amanda Bayhi | January 21, 2014
The new brake option is designed to offer better stopping power and resistance to fade, as well as less maintenance compared to conventional S-cam designs.
Mack’s air disc brake design uses two pistons to drive the pad against the rotor, delivering better balanced pressure and even wear. The flat rotor prevents heat distortion, increasing service life.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to change the brake pads, read the full report at EquipmentWorld.com.
To see the new air disk brake option, visit Mack Trucks at booth C5202 this week at World of Concrete.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party446 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views