Mack Trucks unveils air disk brake option for vocational trucks at World of Concrete
Amanda Bayhi | January 21, 2014
The new brake option is designed to offer better stopping power and resistance to fade, as well as less maintenance compared to conventional S-cam designs.
Mack’s air disc brake design uses two pistons to drive the pad against the rotor, delivering better balanced pressure and even wear. The flat rotor prevents heat distortion, increasing service life.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to change the brake pads, read the full report at EquipmentWorld.com.
To see the new air disk brake option, visit Mack Trucks at booth C5202 this week at World of Concrete.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong856 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views