Mack Trucks unveils air disk brake option for vocational trucks at World of Concrete
Amanda Bayhi | January 21, 2014
The new brake option is designed to offer better stopping power and resistance to fade, as well as less maintenance compared to conventional S-cam designs.
Mack’s air disc brake design uses two pistons to drive the pad against the rotor, delivering better balanced pressure and even wear. The flat rotor prevents heat distortion, increasing service life.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to change the brake pads, read the full report at EquipmentWorld.com.
To see the new air disk brake option, visit Mack Trucks at booth C5202 this week at World of Concrete.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2274 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1271 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority627 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles601 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views