Louisiana Transportation Research Center director appointed to lead AASHTO committees
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 5, 2013
Harold “Skip” Paul, P.E., director of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development’s Louisiana Transportation Research Center, has been appointed to serve in leadership positions on two American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) committees, according to a report in the AASHTO Journal.
AASHTO President Michael Lewis named Paul as chair of AASHTO’s Research Advisory Committee (RAC) and vice chair of the organization’s Standing Committee on Research (SCOR), reports AASHTO. He will serve in those capacities for a period of two years.
RAC works with members to facilitate the development of research problem statements for consideration by SCOR and incorporation into the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), provides advice and recommendations on transportation research matters to SCOR, serves as a resource to member departments regarding the conduct of research and technology transfers, and advocates for transportation research by promoting its value, the implementation of research results, the transfer of new technologies, and the benefits of peer exchanges, according to the AASHTO report.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving403 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice352 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill339 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness294 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options286 Views