Liebherr displays prototype of R 9XX hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 16, 2013
Liebherr displayed its R 9XX concept electric hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013 this week, our sister site, Equipment World, reported from the show.
The 40-ton prototype excavator, which features an electric hybrid driveline, is powered mostly by a standard diesel engine, though it also uses an electric storage devices known as supercaps and a hydraulic pressure accumulator.
Liebherr said the hybrid system on the R 9XX can supply short term peak power at up to twice the rated output of the diesel engine, while the combined electric and hydraulic technology offers reduced fuel consumption and higher material handling performance.
Liebherr has not said whether the R 9XX will be available for actual use.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series902 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?501 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group364 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks278 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines189 Views