Liebherr displays prototype of R 9XX hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 16, 2013
Liebherr displayed its R 9XX concept electric hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013 this week, our sister site, Equipment World, reported from the show.
The 40-ton prototype excavator, which features an electric hybrid driveline, is powered mostly by a standard diesel engine, though it also uses an electric storage devices known as supercaps and a hydraulic pressure accumulator.
Liebherr said the hybrid system on the R 9XX can supply short term peak power at up to twice the rated output of the diesel engine, while the combined electric and hydraulic technology offers reduced fuel consumption and higher material handling performance.
Liebherr has not said whether the R 9XX will be available for actual use.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving411 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice360 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill360 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views