Liebherr displays prototype of R 9XX hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013
Liebherr displayed its R 9XX concept electric hybrid excavator at Bauma 2013 this week, our sister site, Equipment World, reported from the show.
The 40-ton prototype excavator, which features an electric hybrid driveline, is powered mostly by a standard diesel engine, though it also uses an electric storage devices known as supercaps and a hydraulic pressure accumulator.
Liebherr said the hybrid system on the R 9XX can supply short term peak power at up to twice the rated output of the diesel engine, while the combined electric and hydraulic technology offers reduced fuel consumption and higher material handling performance.
Liebherr has not said whether the R 9XX will be available for actual use.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding567 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable418 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future341 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views