Leica GM10 all-in-one GNSS sensor for deformation monitoring
Better Roads Staff | May 23, 2012
As part of its unique monitoring solutions portfolio, Leica Geosystems, the Leica GM10 GNSS monitoring sensor with integrated communication and onboard tools can be used for a broad range of monitoring applications, including structural monitoring, landslides, seismic studies and offshore infrastructure.
The Leica GM10 GNSS Monitoring Sensor takes advantage of a powerful GNSS receiver for the highest quality measurements. It is fully integrated into Leica Monitoring Solutions and can be combined with Total Stations and geotechnical sensors, together with the proven Leica Geosystems Monitoring Software (e.g. Leica GeoMoS, Leica GNSS Spider). A user friendly web interface allows an easy setup and integration into any environment and offers secure access from anywhere anytime.
Dedicated GNSS Monitoring Sensor
Especially designed for deformation monitoring applications requiring the highest standards, the Leica GM10 is a plug-and-play monitoring solution providing a fully ruggedized housing with various mounting options. Data can be logged in different formats up to 50 Hz and streamed directly to the internet or processed onboard in real time. An integrated FTP server allows archiving and push of stored data. Low power consumption and mobile internet with DynDNS will further improve efficiency of monitoring installations.
Easy Installation and Operation
The built-in communication module and onboard toolkit help to resolve the most frequent monitoring setup issues. A modern web interface, with the assistance of setup wizards, enables easy and flexible configuration. Leica Geosystems’ unique Active Assist service offers customers efficient and fast support on site and in real time.
Modular Setup with Three Models
The modular design based on the three different models enables the best possible adaptation of the Leica GM10 sensor to specific and versatile project requirements:
- Leica GM10 Basic is the ideal solution to monitor slow moving objects e.g. land slides, dams or subsidence in near real time. It is also suitable for monitoring the control network of reference points used in TPS monitoring projects.
- Leica GM10 Performance is very well suited for high speed deformation monitoring in real time and can be perfectly used to monitor dynamic changes of large structures, like suspension bridges or high rise buildings.
- Leica GM10 Professional offers a complete solution for the highest performance real-time GNSS Monitoring. Additionally, it offers onboard RINEX conversion and FTP push of observation data in different formats. By using the Leica CrossCheck service it is also perfectly suitable to compute long baselines e.g. for oil platforms, seismic studies and scientific applications.
The Leica GM10 GNSS Monitoring Sensor is available by end of May 2012. For more information please contact your local Leica Geosystems representatives.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- VIDEO: Country music star Kip Moore's ballad for the construction industry 278 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views