Leica Geosystems Sweden and Swepos sign agreement
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 17, 2010
Leica Geosystems AB, Sweden, and Swepos signed an agreement at the beginning of November,for the data exchange of GNSS raw data.
Swepos is the national GNSS network provider in Sweden, which is operated and owned by the Swedish government organisation LANTMÄTERIET (National Land Survey). The Swepos network covers the whole country, offering GNSS-correction data from approximately 200 reference stations to more then 1500 professional users since 1998.
With this new GNSS data exchange agreement, Leica Geosystems will be able to build up a fully covering Network-RTK solution for Sweden in combination with the Swepos reference sites, in a very short time. The new network called Leica SmartNet will be able to offer new and exciting possibilities for Leica Geosystems users and professional partners, as well as being part of the European-wide Leica SmartNet System.
The test phase will start immediately, with plans to go live with full coverage by the beginning of April 2011.
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?1400 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax580 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards477 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund393 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete258 Views