Leica Geosystems Sweden and Swepos sign agreement
Leica Geosystems AB, Sweden, and Swepos signed an agreement at the beginning of November,for the data exchange of GNSS raw data.
Swepos is the national GNSS network provider in Sweden, which is operated and owned by the Swedish government organisation LANTMÄTERIET (National Land Survey). The Swepos network covers the whole country, offering GNSS-correction data from approximately 200 reference stations to more then 1500 professional users since 1998.
With this new GNSS data exchange agreement, Leica Geosystems will be able to build up a fully covering Network-RTK solution for Sweden in combination with the Swepos reference sites, in a very short time. The new network called Leica SmartNet will be able to offer new and exciting possibilities for Leica Geosystems users and professional partners, as well as being part of the European-wide Leica SmartNet System.
The test phase will start immediately, with plans to go live with full coverage by the beginning of April 2011.
MORE FROM Industry
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects470 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)465 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports435 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says252 Views