Legacy Building Solutions: Hybrid fabric-steel structure
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 13, 2012
The new fabric manufacturing plant Legacy Building Solutions opened in South Haven, Minn., is a hybrid fabric-steel structure that incorporates steel sheeting on the exterior sides. Offering more clearspan space than Legacy’s previous plant, the new building enables workers to operate more efficiently, particularly when manufacturing larger polyethylene or PVC fabric panels.
Featuring a 40-foot skylight and R-30 insulation for increased energy efficiency, the plant is fully climate controlled to eliminate the temperature and humidity fluctuations that can affect the quality of fabric welds.
Legacy has also added state-of-the-art equipment — including a laser-guided welding system — to aid in producing fabric panels for larger structures. This is especially advantageous when manufacturing panels for fabric buildings with widths of more than 200 feet.
This article was contributed on behalf of Legacy Building Solutions
MORE FROM Contributed Stories
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles917 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse712 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side553 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments303 Views