LAX begins Pets Unstressing Passengers program
Amanda Bayhi | April 19, 2013
Los Angeles Airport (LAX) is aiming to de-stress travelers by giving them the chance to pet a dog, the Huffington Post reported.
The program, Pets Unstressing Passengers (or PUP program), aims to ease flight anxiety by placing friendly dogs wearing red vests that read “Pet Me!” throughout the airport.
Dogs and their handlers in the PUP program have undergone classroom and “in-terminal” training and are registered and certified by Therapy Dogs, Inc.
The Miami International Airport and the San Jose International airport have also launched similar programs.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1009 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles904 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse705 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side580 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005341 Views