LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier259 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver259 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker125 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative105 Views