LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views