LaHood won’t return for second term
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014560 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future282 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields268 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views