LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax703 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party412 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund358 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete288 Views