LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1894 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1304 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1031 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...871 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones537 Views