LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident996 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse585 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side561 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views