LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers859 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project422 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?355 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 282 Views