LaHood won’t return for second term
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 14, 2011
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Oct. 13 told reporters he would not continue in that post if President Obama is re-elected for a second term.
LaHood, the only Republican on Obama’s cabinet, said there would be “wonderful opportunities” for him in 2013. The Illinois politician has been mentioned as a possible gubernatorial candidate in his home state, but he ruled that out.
LaHood was in Congress for 14 years prior to his appointment by Obama.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business370 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views