LaHood signs $12.9 million Recovery Act grant
Tennessee also is receiving $2.8 million and West Virginia $1.7 million – bringing to $17.5 million the total grant for this project.
The $17.5 million grant was awarded under the Recovery Act’s TIGER program. TIGER funding is designed to promote innovative, multimodal and multijurisdictional transportation projects that provide significant economic and environmental benefits to an entire metropolitan area, region or the nation.
The Department announced the selection of $1.5 billion worth of TIGER grants for 51 projects as part of the one-year anniversary of the Recovery Act on February 17.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)376 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views