Lafarge moving headquarters to Chicago
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 27, 2012
The North American headquarters of building-materials giant Lafarge will move from Herndon, Va., to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, The Washington Post reports.
The Paris-based firm agreed to invest about $10 million in the move to an as-yet-undetermined site near Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and to create at least 90 jobs during the first two years, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said in the Post report.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1039 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse769 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones449 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?307 Views