Lafarge moving headquarters to Chicago
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 27, 2012
The North American headquarters of building-materials giant Lafarge will move from Herndon, Va., to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, The Washington Post reports.
The Paris-based firm agreed to invest about $10 million in the move to an as-yet-undetermined site near Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and to create at least 90 jobs during the first two years, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said in the Post report.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River449 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving284 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness259 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options255 Views