Lafarge moving headquarters to Chicago
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 27, 2012
The North American headquarters of building-materials giant Lafarge will move from Herndon, Va., to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, The Washington Post reports.
The Paris-based firm agreed to invest about $10 million in the move to an as-yet-undetermined site near Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and to create at least 90 jobs during the first two years, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said in the Post report.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views