Lafarge moving headquarters to Chicago
The North American headquarters of building-materials giant Lafarge will move from Herndon, Va., to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, The Washington Post reports.
The Paris-based firm agreed to invest about $10 million in the move to an as-yet-undetermined site near Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and to create at least 90 jobs during the first two years, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said in the Post report.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects472 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)466 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports435 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says252 Views