Ladies and Gentlemen, a (draft) reauthorization
John Latta | January 31, 2012
We have waited and waited and waited (eight times) for a new surface transportation bill – quick, who won the Super Bowl the last year of SAFETEA-LU) — with details (there was of course a strong bill bill from Democrat Jim Oberstar, the previous leader of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee).
Current committee chairman John MIca has produced, on the steps of the Capitol, a bill. And here it is.
Spoiler alert — it is 846 pages.You read it, I read it, (or we both read most of it) and we’ll meet back here tomorrow,.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax222 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues112 Views