Ladies and Gentlemen, a (draft) reauthorization
John Latta | January 31, 2012
We have waited and waited and waited (eight times) for a new surface transportation bill – quick, who won the Super Bowl the last year of SAFETEA-LU) — with details (there was of course a strong bill bill from Democrat Jim Oberstar, the previous leader of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee).
Current committee chairman John MIca has produced, on the steps of the Capitol, a bill. And here it is.
Spoiler alert — it is 846 pages.You read it, I read it, (or we both read most of it) and we’ll meet back here tomorrow,.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving358 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice325 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness291 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options279 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill232 Views