Ladies and Gentlemen, a (draft) reauthorization
John Latta | January 31, 2012
We have waited and waited and waited (eight times) for a new surface transportation bill – quick, who won the Super Bowl the last year of SAFETEA-LU) — with details (there was of course a strong bill bill from Democrat Jim Oberstar, the previous leader of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee).
Current committee chairman John MIca has produced, on the steps of the Capitol, a bill. And here it is.
Spoiler alert — it is 846 pages.You read it, I read it, (or we both read most of it) and we’ll meet back here tomorrow,.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views