L.A. Metro launches crime-reporting app
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
Los Angeles County transit officials yesterday unveiled a new app that allows commuters on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) trains and buses to report crimes, according to the the Los Angeles Times.
The L.A. Metro Transit Watch app, much like an app MARTA released in April, lets commuters directly call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s transit unit or fill out and send an online report with photos.
The app also offers alerts, access to the Transit Watch LA (TWLA) website and information about signs of terrorism and how to report it.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker276 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges255 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes224 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America188 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards134 Views