L.A. Metro launches crime-reporting app
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
Los Angeles County transit officials yesterday unveiled a new app that allows commuters on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) trains and buses to report crimes, according to the the Los Angeles Times.
The L.A. Metro Transit Watch app, much like an app MARTA released in April, lets commuters directly call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s transit unit or fill out and send an online report with photos.
The app also offers alerts, access to the Transit Watch LA (TWLA) website and information about signs of terrorism and how to report it.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2184 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1261 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project540 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans470 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?341 Views