L.A. Metro launches crime-reporting app
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
Los Angeles County transit officials yesterday unveiled a new app that allows commuters on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) trains and buses to report crimes, according to the the Los Angeles Times.
The L.A. Metro Transit Watch app, much like an app MARTA released in April, lets commuters directly call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s transit unit or fill out and send an online report with photos.
The app also offers alerts, access to the Transit Watch LA (TWLA) website and information about signs of terrorism and how to report it.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]795 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus418 Views