L.A. Metro launches crime-reporting app
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
Los Angeles County transit officials yesterday unveiled a new app that allows commuters on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) trains and buses to report crimes, according to the the Los Angeles Times.
The L.A. Metro Transit Watch app, much like an app MARTA released in April, lets commuters directly call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s transit unit or fill out and send an online report with photos.
The app also offers alerts, access to the Transit Watch LA (TWLA) website and information about signs of terrorism and how to report it.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1243 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...772 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse751 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views