L.A. Metro launches crime-reporting app
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
Los Angeles County transit officials yesterday unveiled a new app that allows commuters on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) trains and buses to report crimes, according to the the Los Angeles Times.
The L.A. Metro Transit Watch app, much like an app MARTA released in April, lets commuters directly call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s transit unit or fill out and send an online report with photos.
The app also offers alerts, access to the Transit Watch LA (TWLA) website and information about signs of terrorism and how to report it.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident975 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles961 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse726 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side569 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views