Kubota provides Haitian earthquake relief donations
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 11, 2010
Kubota Corporation’s affiliated companies in the United States and Canada, including Kubota Tractor Corporation (KTC); Kubota Credit Corporation (KCC); Kubota Manufacturing of America (KMA); Kubota Industrial Equipment (KIE); Kubota Engine America Corporation (KEA); and Kubota Canada, Ltd., have donated $50,000 in equipment in-kind for ongoing relief efforts in Haiti. Kubota has provided Kubota generators and other electronic and first aid supplies through the California-based Operation USA.
“Kubota employees around the world would like to express our sympathy for the victims and their families of the recent earthquake disaster in Haiti,” says Dr. Satoshi Iida, president, Kubota Tractor Corporation (USA), in a written statement announcing the donations. “Kubota sincerely hopes for the eventual recovery and re-settlement of those impacted by this crisis. It is our hope that this donation will be helpful to the significant humanitarian work ongoing toward relief efforts in the aftermath of the earthquake.”
In addition, Kubota Corporation of Osaka, Japan, has already made a contribution of $110,000 to the Japanese Red Cross Society for earthquake relief assistance. The combined Kubota Corporation worldwide donation also represents contributions from affiliated companies in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views