Kubota president, chairman Masumoto dies in Tokyo
Patty Vaughan | June 4, 2014
Chairman and president of Kubota Corporation, Yasuo Masumoto, has died while staying in Tokyo.
The 67 year old failed to leave his room at the hotel and was found collapsed in the bathroom, according to a report from Bloomberg.
The cause of death is undetermined, and Vice President Masatoshi Kimata will take over as acting president, the report says.
Masumoto joined Kubota in 1971 and was named president of the company in 2009. He added the position of chairman two years later.
Editor’s Note: Patty Vaughan is the online managing editor for Total Landscape Care.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1013 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones753 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse751 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones325 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments292 Views