Kubota president, chairman Masumoto dies in Tokyo
Patty Vaughan | June 4, 2014
Chairman and president of Kubota Corporation, Yasuo Masumoto, has died while staying in Tokyo.
The 67 year old failed to leave his room at the hotel and was found collapsed in the bathroom, according to a report from Bloomberg.
The cause of death is undetermined, and Vice President Masatoshi Kimata will take over as acting president, the report says.
Masumoto joined Kubota in 1971 and was named president of the company in 2009. He added the position of chairman two years later.
Editor’s Note: Patty Vaughan is the online managing editor for Total Landscape Care.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views