Kubota president, chairman Masumoto dies in Tokyo
Patty Vaughan | June 4, 2014
Chairman and president of Kubota Corporation, Yasuo Masumoto, has died while staying in Tokyo.
The 67 year old failed to leave his room at the hotel and was found collapsed in the bathroom, according to a report from Bloomberg.
The cause of death is undetermined, and Vice President Masatoshi Kimata will take over as acting president, the report says.
Masumoto joined Kubota in 1971 and was named president of the company in 2009. He added the position of chairman two years later.
Editor’s Note: Patty Vaughan is the online managing editor for Total Landscape Care.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes542 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse480 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers137 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views