Kubota president, chairman Masumoto dies in Tokyo
Patty Vaughan | June 4, 2014
Chairman and president of Kubota Corporation, Yasuo Masumoto, has died while staying in Tokyo.
The 67 year old failed to leave his room at the hotel and was found collapsed in the bathroom, according to a report from Bloomberg.
The cause of death is undetermined, and Vice President Masatoshi Kimata will take over as acting president, the report says.
Masumoto joined Kubota in 1971 and was named president of the company in 2009. He added the position of chairman two years later.
Editor’s Note: Patty Vaughan is the online managing editor for Total Landscape Care.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]941 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong932 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair311 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction303 Views