Komatsu PC4000 hydraulic shovel moves more material in less time
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 13, 2012
Komatsu’s PC4000 hydraulic shovel, with an operating weight between 855,500 to 879,800 pounds and a bucket capacity of 29 cubic yards, is designed to move more material in less time for reduced costs per ton and increased profits.
A powerful Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine and four circuit advanced “
“Hydropilot” hydraulics are two of the major improvements to this model. The Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine has a rated power of 1875 HP (1400 kW).
The shovel’s low engine emission levels meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations Tier II and oil management system is fitted as standard on all machines. Electric drive 4,16 kV to 7,2 kV, 50 or 60 Hz, is also available.
MORE FROM New Products from Better Roads
- Worker killed while putting reflectors on road163 Views
- Poor roadways cost Connecticut drivers $4.2 billion annually133 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes120 Views
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee wants carbon tax to fund transportation infrastructure117 Views
- VIDEO: Fun with snowplowing 97 Views