Komatsu PC4000 hydraulic shovel moves more material in less time
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 13, 2012
Komatsu’s PC4000 hydraulic shovel, with an operating weight between 855,500 to 879,800 pounds and a bucket capacity of 29 cubic yards, is designed to move more material in less time for reduced costs per ton and increased profits.
A powerful Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine and four circuit advanced “
“Hydropilot” hydraulics are two of the major improvements to this model. The Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine has a rated power of 1875 HP (1400 kW).
The shovel’s low engine emission levels meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations Tier II and oil management system is fitted as standard on all machines. Electric drive 4,16 kV to 7,2 kV, 50 or 60 Hz, is also available.
MORE FROM New Products from Better Roads
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1502 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority829 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles715 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours516 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers496 Views