Komatsu PC4000 hydraulic shovel moves more material in less time
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 13, 2012
Komatsu’s PC4000 hydraulic shovel, with an operating weight between 855,500 to 879,800 pounds and a bucket capacity of 29 cubic yards, is designed to move more material in less time for reduced costs per ton and increased profits.
A powerful Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine and four circuit advanced “
“Hydropilot” hydraulics are two of the major improvements to this model. The Komatsu SDA16V160E-2 diesel engine has a rated power of 1875 HP (1400 kW).
The shovel’s low engine emission levels meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations Tier II and oil management system is fitted as standard on all machines. Electric drive 4,16 kV to 7,2 kV, 50 or 60 Hz, is also available.
MORE FROM New Products from Better Roads
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1592 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1287 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1020 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...850 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones534 Views