Komatsu America Corp.: Artic truck Tier 4i certified
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 2, 2012
The truck, like every Komatsu Tier 4 Interim construction machine, comes standard with complimentary factory scheduled maintenance for 2,000 hours or the first three years (whichever occurs first), and includes two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) exchanges within the first five years through the manufacturer’s Komatsu CARE program.
All new Komatsu Tier 4 Interim equipment, whether rented, leased or purchased. The HM400-3 features a maximum gross vehicle weight of 162,569 pounds, hauling up to a 44.1-ton payload at its maximum ground speed of 34.7 mph. Improved operating performance, lower fuel consumption, improved operator comfort and enhanced serviceability are features of the HM400-3 that provide increased productivity and lower operating costs, according to the manufacturer. The truck is equipped with the Komtrax technology, which sends machine operating information such as such as daily fuel consumption, machine utilization, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts to a secure website using wireless technology.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion199 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax192 Views