Komatsu America Corp.: Artic truck Tier 4i certified
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 2, 2012
The truck, like every Komatsu Tier 4 Interim construction machine, comes standard with complimentary factory scheduled maintenance for 2,000 hours or the first three years (whichever occurs first), and includes two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) exchanges within the first five years through the manufacturer’s Komatsu CARE program.
All new Komatsu Tier 4 Interim equipment, whether rented, leased or purchased. The HM400-3 features a maximum gross vehicle weight of 162,569 pounds, hauling up to a 44.1-ton payload at its maximum ground speed of 34.7 mph. Improved operating performance, lower fuel consumption, improved operator comfort and enhanced serviceability are features of the HM400-3 that provide increased productivity and lower operating costs, according to the manufacturer. The truck is equipped with the Komtrax technology, which sends machine operating information such as such as daily fuel consumption, machine utilization, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts to a secure website using wireless technology.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts521 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse371 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views