Komatsu America Corp.: Artic truck Tier 4i certified
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 2, 2012
The truck, like every Komatsu Tier 4 Interim construction machine, comes standard with complimentary factory scheduled maintenance for 2,000 hours or the first three years (whichever occurs first), and includes two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) exchanges within the first five years through the manufacturer’s Komatsu CARE program.
All new Komatsu Tier 4 Interim equipment, whether rented, leased or purchased. The HM400-3 features a maximum gross vehicle weight of 162,569 pounds, hauling up to a 44.1-ton payload at its maximum ground speed of 34.7 mph. Improved operating performance, lower fuel consumption, improved operator comfort and enhanced serviceability are features of the HM400-3 that provide increased productivity and lower operating costs, according to the manufacturer. The truck is equipped with the Komtrax technology, which sends machine operating information such as such as daily fuel consumption, machine utilization, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts to a secure website using wireless technology.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River673 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs395 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business378 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update349 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan209 Views