Kobelco USA opens North American headquarters in Houston
This comes on the heels of the termination of a 10-year agreement with CNH in December. The company will begin directly marketing Kobelco excavators in the United States and Canada.
The new headquarters is located at 4690 World Houston Parkway and will serve as a temporary home base for the company while a custom headquarters and manufacturing facility is built nearby.
The headquarters features a comprehensive parts inventory, and equipment will be stored near the Port of Galveston, Texas, in addition to several other ports around the country.
Kobelco’s president and CEO, Katsuhiko Morita, will lead the new Kobelco team with past employees Ron Hargrave as vice president of sales & marketing, George Lumpkins as product marketing manager and Eric Hoffman as national parts manager.
For more information, visit kobelco-usa.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014556 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields327 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill229 Views