Kobelco USA opens North American headquarters in Houston
Amanda Bayhi | April 11, 2013
This comes on the heels of the termination of a 10-year agreement with CNH in December. The company will begin directly marketing Kobelco excavators in the United States and Canada.
The new headquarters is located at 4690 World Houston Parkway and will serve as a temporary home base for the company while a custom headquarters and manufacturing facility is built nearby.
The headquarters features a comprehensive parts inventory, and equipment will be stored near the Port of Galveston, Texas, in addition to several other ports around the country.
Kobelco’s president and CEO, Katsuhiko Morita, will lead the new Kobelco team with past employees Ron Hargrave as vice president of sales & marketing, George Lumpkins as product marketing manager and Eric Hoffman as national parts manager.
For more information, visit kobelco-usa.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views