Kirk Landers: Lobbyists, lawyers and taxes
And raising the fuel tax is worth lobbying for because our transportation system is dying from underinvestment.
So to our lobbyists, I say, keep fighting the good fight. And to you, I say the same thing. This is America. This is American politics. If you want something, you have to keep telling the story.
MORE FROM In the Magazine
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)480 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign272 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says261 Views
- Where Interstate 20 crosses Interstate Bob229 Views