King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views