King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports427 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says253 Views