King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?238 Views