King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1782 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1298 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1027 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...862 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones536 Views