King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding555 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable411 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014339 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views