King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier257 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views