King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong822 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]795 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views