King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River621 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update338 Views