King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 15, 2010
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute over the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?495 Views
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series394 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group328 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines167 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views