Kenworth Truck: Collision Mitigation Technology for Class 8 trucks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 23, 2012
Kenworth Truck Co. will now offer Bendix Wingman Advanced — a Collision Mitigation Technology – as an option for select Kenworth Class 8 models. Bendix Wingman Advanced delivers adaptive cruise control with braking features along with collision mitigation technology.
The system builds upon the company’s full-stability technology — Bendix ESP — providing fleets with a system that can help drivers in collisions, potential rollovers, and loss-of-control situations. Using a radar sensor mounted to the front of the vehicle, the system delivers both warnings and active interventions to help drivers mitigate rear-end collisions. The system provides following distance and stationary object alerts, which are always available — regardless of whether cruise control is engaged.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1581 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1000 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets984 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?560 Views