Kenworth Truck: Collision Mitigation Technology for Class 8 trucks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 23, 2012
Kenworth Truck Co. will now offer Bendix Wingman Advanced — a Collision Mitigation Technology – as an option for select Kenworth Class 8 models. Bendix Wingman Advanced delivers adaptive cruise control with braking features along with collision mitigation technology.
The system builds upon the company’s full-stability technology — Bendix ESP — providing fleets with a system that can help drivers in collisions, potential rollovers, and loss-of-control situations. Using a radar sensor mounted to the front of the vehicle, the system delivers both warnings and active interventions to help drivers mitigate rear-end collisions. The system provides following distance and stationary object alerts, which are always available — regardless of whether cruise control is engaged.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River632 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs390 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business374 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update343 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan209 Views