Kenworth Truck: Collision Mitigation Technology for Class 8 trucks
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 23, 2012
Kenworth Truck Co. will now offer Bendix Wingman Advanced — a Collision Mitigation Technology – as an option for select Kenworth Class 8 models. Bendix Wingman Advanced delivers adaptive cruise control with braking features along with collision mitigation technology.
The system builds upon the company’s full-stability technology — Bendix ESP — providing fleets with a system that can help drivers in collisions, potential rollovers, and loss-of-control situations. Using a radar sensor mounted to the front of the vehicle, the system delivers both warnings and active interventions to help drivers mitigate rear-end collisions. The system provides following distance and stationary object alerts, which are always available — regardless of whether cruise control is engaged.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views